Trainee Fine Art & Private Clients (80-100%) – 6 months(
AXA10302M1D20220706)Flexible Work Eligible: None
DISCOVER your opportunity
The way in which we approach specialty risks is unique in our industry. Discerning clients from all over the world appreciate the innovative and tailor-made insurance solutions, developed by our underwriters for Fine Art and Private Client risks. Join the dynamic team and help us actively shape the future of Specialty. We offer a highly engaged working environment in which a proactive approach and expertise is highly valued, and teamwork is greatly encouraged.
DISCOVER your opportunity
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Support in reviewing customer submissions, editing policy wordings, calculating appropriate risk premium and drawing up insurance solutions tailored to customers’ needs
- Assist in conducting risk visits together with brokers and AXA CH agents across Switzerland, identifying, analysing and evaluating site-specific risks
- Collaborating across departments such as Underwriting, Claims, Finance and other internal teams
- Compiling fine art collection inventories and their valuations
- Participating and supporting on internal strategic projects
You will report to the Underwriting Manager Specialty.
SHARE your talent
SHARE your talent
We are looking for a trainee to dive into the world of insurance. You will be provided with autonomy, empowerment, training and guidance:
- Professional experience ranging from a career entrant with limited professional experience in the art or insurance industry
- University degree in art history or a related field, or an apprenticeship in insurance
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills, efficient and able to work independently by structuring the path forward
- Well-spoken and a communicative, confident and discrete manner towards clients and business partners
- Motivated and solution-oriented personality, that thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic and high energy environment
- Proficient in standard MS Office tools
- Linguistic proficiency in English and German
FIND your future
AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don’t just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a strong and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business − property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
Learn more at axaxl.com
At AXA XL our approach to corporate responsibility (CR) is the same as our approach to business; constantly seeking to provide innovative solutions to the world’s most complex problems. From offering our expertise, products and services to help build more resilient communities, to advancing understanding and response to climate change, our strategy – Our Impact. Our Future. – aligns key issues that are pertinent to our business – climate, water and financial resilience – and contributes to AXA Group’s purpose to “Act for human progress by protecting what matters.”.
- Climate: We’re reducing our carbon footprint, protecting ecosystems and exploring how our business can help build a better world.
- Water: We’re developing water resilience where it is — and will be — needed most.
- Financial resilience: We’re helping create opportunities for the unemployed and underemployed, so they can be better prepared for unexpected changes.
- Hearts in Action: We have established volunteering and charitable giving programs to help colleagues support causes that matter most to them, known as our “Hearts in Action” programs.
For more information please see the Corporate Responsibility section on our website.
Inclusion & Diversity
AXA XL is committed to equal employment opportunity and will consider applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity and origins, marital status, religion, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At AXA XL, we know that an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce enable business growth and are critical to our success. That’s why we have made a strategic commitment to attract, develop, advance and retain the most diverse workforce possible, while creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full selves to work and can reach their highest potential. It’s about helping one another — and our business — to move forward and succeed.
- Five Business Resource Groups focused on gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity and origins, disability and inclusion with 20 Chapters around the globe
- Robust support for Flexible Working Arrangements
- Enhanced family friendly leave benefits
- Named to the Diversity Best Practices Index
- Signatory to the UK Women in Finance Charter
AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.