Are you someone who is:
- An outgoing and enthusiastic team player ready to make the MCA visitor experience outstanding?
- An expert at providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for visitors?
- Highly reliable and has good organizational skills?
If so, then the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is looking for you!
We are hiring full time Visitor Experience Assistants to: act as the MCA’s ambassador to the general public and enhance the visitor experience by selling admissions, memberships, and tickets; provide information about the MCA for a variety of inquiries; assist with wayfinding; answer calls from the MCA main line; and perform a variety of related visitor-focused tasks.
This is a full time position with a schedule that will include evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events as assigned.
Candidates must be able to: communicate large amounts of information in English; work well independently and as part of a team; adapt to frequent changes of routine and pace; remain calm under pressure; sit / stand for extended periods as scheduled; and operate a cash register, point sale system, credit card authorization machine, copier, and telephone. Ability to move stanchions, wheelchairs, and strollers required as well as occasional light lifting.
- Proactively and warmly welcome visitors, offer guidance, invite participation, and provide information and services.
- Actively sell admissions, memberships, and tickets by phone and in-person to all MCA events in a pleasant, yet expedited fashion.
- Answer calls from MCA main line.
- Keep desks and other brochure racks stocked with museum guides and brochures.
- Stay informed of current and upcoming exhibitions, performances, public programs, educational programs, and marketing campaigns.
- Stay informed of museum policies on membership, security, and emergency procedures.
Desired qualifications include exceptional customer service and communication skills, and:
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, use good judgment, and respond effectively to visitor questions and concerns.
- Ability to work well within a team as well as independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a diverse group of people.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to stay organized and maintain accuracy in data entry and financial transactions.
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes of routine and pace without loss of efficiency or composure.
General mobility throughout the museum is required.
Interested? APPLY NOW https://mcachicago.org/About/Employment. Please include your availability in your cover letter.
P.S. The MCA provides a generous benefits package that includes: health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation and personal days; free life, AD&D, short term and long term disability insurance; retirement plans; discounted parking; pre-tax transportation programs; visiting the MCA’s galleries; curator led staff tours of MCA exhibitions; discounts at the MCA Store and MCA restaurant Marisol; discounts for MCA Stage and other programs; plus a wide variety of discounts at many cultural institutions in the Chicagoland area.
The MCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. In addition, we aspire to make the MCA community and our environment – staff, audiences, artists, programs, and exhibitions – reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago and to capture the spirit of access, inclusion, and equity in all we do. We strongly encourage and welcome applicants from our BIPOC, disabled, and LGBTQIA communities as they must be centered in the work we do. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: [email protected].