- I think I will be able to, in the end, rise above the clouds and climb the stairs to Heaven, and I will look down on my beautiful life.
- Forget yourself.
- With just one polka dot, nothing can be achieved.
- Polka dots can’t stay alone
- I hope royalty continues forever.
- Polka dots are fabulous.
- My life is a dot lost among thousands of other dots.
- Every time I have had a problem, I have confronted it with the ax of art.
- My art originates from hallucinations only I can see.
- I want to become more famous, even more famous.
- Accumulation is the result of my obsession and that philosophy is the main theme of my art. Accumulation means the stars in the universe don’t exist by themselves nor does the earth exist by itself. It is just like when I saw the flowers everywhere and when I chased them, I felt panicked and so overwhelmed that I wanted to eat them all.
- One day I was looking at the red flower patterns of the tablecloth on a table, and when I looked up I saw the same pattern covering the ceiling, the windows and the walls, and finally all over the room, my body and the universe. I felt as if I had begun to self obliterate, to revolve in the infinity of endless time and the absoluteness of space, and be reduced to nothingness.
- By doing Freudian analysis, I could analyse my psychological problems. The feelings behind my works are subconscious and psychosomatic. My work is based on developing my psychological problems into art.
- My father had lots of lovers and I had to spy on him for my mother, because my mother was very angry it made even the idea of sex very traumatic for me. My work is always about overcoming that bad experience.
- I fight pain, anxiety, and fear every day, and the only method I have found that relieves my illness is to keep creating art. I followed the thread of art and somehow discovered a path that would allow me to live.
Text by Nadja Sayej
Images via DAZED